Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little sister for Nimbus Alexander Wolfgang

My brother and his SO are expecting a little girl who is due in August. They already have a son named Nimbus Alexander Wolfgang. They are neo-Pagans. They are currently set on Meadowsweet Rowena Briar. I personally like it, but am curious about opinions. Their minds will not be swayed, but what do you think of this name?

Also, Nimbus had an older half sister named Ariadne Honey.
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; June 11th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

You and your brother certainly choose some interesting names. Meadowsweet is a little much as a first name; Meadow I would be okay with, but the "sweet" part pushes it over the top for me. I would rather see Rowena or Briar in the first name spot. Then again, you can't really follow Nimbus up with a name most people have heard of...
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Honestly, I love it. Fantastic combo. Meadowsweet is on my list; I think it's so cool and dreamy, and it's great to see someone brave enough to use it! My only problem would be the flow of Briar in the name. It seems to end a bit abruptly with Briar, though depending on the surname it may be okay.
    19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)

He's a bit more adventurous than I am. He suggested Peppermint when I was preggers with Juniper. And I too like Meadow, but apparently Meadowsweet plays an important role in their religious practices so it is dear to them.
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; June 11th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

I have to admit - the names are a bit too out there for me. Meadow is sweet, and Meadow Rowena Briar is a cute name. But Meadowsweet is a bit too far - I don't think the "sweet" endears the name and I think its going to be a real thorn in the side to wear that for life.