Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I was just going to say, anyone who questions the taste of Victoria Beckham is a silly person. She would never give her child anything but an excellent name, because she has perfect taste. (Just ask Suri of Suri's Burn Book.) All seriousness though, I think it's a great name. And...Harper Lee. It's a perfectly reasonable and lovely girls' name, you've already got all the reasons laid out before you! Your friends are being dumb, no offense. They should know who Harper Lee is, they should know it's a girls' name, and they shouldn't keep you from choosing a name you love! Especially when it is a great one =))

Harper is super trendy, has a harsh, unattractive sound and I don't like the associations (harpy and Canadian Prime Minister). Sorry but I'm not a fan.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Very cute! And I think girl when I hear Harper. Use it despite it being unisex. Lots of names are unisex nowadays and people understand that!
    Favourite girls: Amadea, Antonia, Cecily, Clara, Eleanor, Georgia, Margaret, Matilda, Pandora, Susannah
    Favourite boys: Archer, August, Gabriel, Harley, Joseph, Nathaniel, Phelan, Phineas, Rowan, Theodore

Check out my blog at http://www.helpfulpandemic.tumblr.com!

I am Canadian so I have come to associate it with the Prime Minister but I liked it before that from To Kill A Mockingbird. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and Harper Rebecca is a lovely combo. If you love it use it!
    Andie - Mama to John, Thomas, Isla, Freya and Marigold (12/30/14).

Interestingly I'm Canadian but still don't associate it with the Prime Minister. I think of Harper Lee first- not surprising I guess since I love literature and don't follow [Canadian] politics much. I've never met one of either gender but because of Harper Lee I see it as feminine. It's not my usual style but I do like it.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Victoria, Diana, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy... don't love many boys' names!