Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which one is best: Cozette, Cosette, or Colette?

Ever since the movie Les Miserables; I've been obsessed (I mean OBSESSED) with the name Cosette. Now being a berry on this site; I've been seeing a lot of forms of this name. I was just wondering what YOU thought sounded better and if there are any other forms.

What I know:
    - Cosette (the original form)
    - Cozette (I love z names and add z's to a lot of names: Zayden, Zella, Zephyr, Zanna (I prefer Xanna), Zolton.. etc. I can go on ;-)
    - Colette (I found this in the nameberry forums)
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

This is tough.

Cozette - Doesn't seem like a "real" spelling to me. I don't know why.

Cosette - Its nice..but too much of an Les Mis association for me. I think if you used it, I'm sure all of people would assume you're a Les Mis superfan (maybe you are, though).

Collette - It's ok...but sounds a tad dated to me.

Hmmm... While Cosette has a lovely sound, I feel it is too attached to Les Mis for most people to see it and NOT think, "Oh, like in Les Miserables!" Cozette looks like the tryndeigh version. I'd say go for Colette.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Colette. The only real name there

I'm going to sound like a broken record but... Hugo made up Cosette. It just means 'little thing' (from the word choisette) and was a nickname for the character Euphrasie.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I prefer Colette personally, like if I were going to use the name in my family, but Cosette is lovely. Cosette sounds very graceful and regal to me, whereas Colette is just a little bit more down-to-earth. I believe Colette is related to the name Nicolette. You might like that one, too.