Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of the name Tomasin?

I met a bride at my work today who was called Tomasin. She was very pretty with short blonde hair. Her friends and family called her Tom or Tommy.

What do you think of this name for a girl? Pretty or too masculine? Do you prefer Tomasina?

Thanks
    Just a name lover.

"Do you think I've gone round the bend?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."
    - Lewis Carroll, Alice and Wonderland.

I have never understood Tomasina (do you REALLY pronounce all those syllables?), but I LOVE Tamsin. So I would definitely still prefer Tamsin to Tomasin, but it's closer than Tomasina. Tomasin sort of has a Madison type vibe, but I don't ever see it becoming anywhere as popular.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I actually really like this name! I used to prefer Tamsin, but someone told me it reminded them of the word tampon and that ruined it for me. I think this spelling is closer to Thomas, but it's less frou-frou than Thomasina. I would consider using Tomasin (probably as a middle name) to honor my husband's uncle who passed away. They were very close.

That would be a lovely way to honor his uncle.
    I like both names. But being Hispanic I would probably go for Tomasina. Although, now I say it again it kind of sound like tomatina (the Spanish tomato throwing festival.) hmm maybe not, lol
    Just a name lover.

"Do you think I've gone round the bend?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."
    - Lewis Carroll, Alice and Wonderland.

It is nice, but I prefer Tamsin, myself. I think it sounds a little more fem than the Tom- start to Tomasin.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them