Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

7 weeks til baby and we CANNOT agree on names... Any input please!

My husband and I have been debating and disagreeing on names for months now and as we are getting closer and closer I am really worried we never will... I recently posted our debate about Camden or Grant and while that did get Camden removed from the list my husband is still not loving Grant.

Here's some names I like but for various reasons we cannot use..

Mason
    Caden
    Grant
    Griffin
    Ryan

What is important to me is to have a strong name, that has a formal/proper feel to it (though it can have a cutsie nickname). I am more drawn to names that are surnames but I don't like ones that are not really uncommon. For example, I LOVE Grant because it's not an unusual name, but it has never been in the top 10 so it's also not common. It's timeless or classic. I'm looking for something that fits in my style but my husband can agree with.

I am really worried that I will not be able to change my mind from Grant and my husband is getting increasingly frustrated with my rejection of all his ideas: Brock, Bryce, Emmett.... These names feel to casual and/or country for me!

Any help is very appreciated!

Here are some other surnames that may pique your interest as well as your spouses:

Brooks
    Curran
    Donovan
    Ellison
    Frazier
    Gilby
    Gray
    Hopper
    Huxley
    Jensen
    Langdon
    Lennox
    Miller
    O'Brien
    Paterson
    Prentice
    Sanford
    Sutton

Name help

Hi there

I can only imagine how stressful this must be. My mom always says that sometimes you might be stuck between a couple names, but when the baby arrives you are able to pick one. With that said...here are some other names I thought of that you might like...

Graham
    Carson
    Ryder
    Troy
    Coleman

Hope that helps! Or if you're stuck on Grant, perhaps your husband can choose the middle name?

THanks all... We did have Nolan on our list but somehow that was dropped... maybe we'll have to consider that one again.

And I love Graham as well but I am hesitant because of "graham cracker" references as well as I call my grandma, "Gram" so I don't know it sometimes sounds odd to name a boy that.

It is incredibly difficult because I just feel it in my bones that this baby is a Grant so I am really having a hard time choosing any other name but I am trying to be fair to my husband and look at other options. I'm very type A so not having this settled is making me bananas!