Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    @Scarlett; of course all teasing is horrible but it is unavoidable. Until all parents teach their kids teasing is not acceptable it will happen, and as I said, I would rather the teasing happened because of the name and not personality/appearance. Maybe that's just me, but I would imagine being teased because of your nose, or your breasts or your butt is worse than your name. You can change your name, you can't reduce your hip-width. That's all I'm saying. So until all grown ups stop trashing celebrities and other people because of their names/dress size/intelligence/weirdness so their kids can't pick up on it, teasing is going to happen.
    I agree with this so much!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 (a girl!) in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Penelope, Leona, Ophelia, Elodie, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

It is so hard to find a name that you both love, so I am inclined to say go for it! I agree with others, though, that my PERSONAL preference would be for Lucille Apple or another name that could use the nickname Apple (Appolline? Did someone else mention that?).
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 (a girl!) in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Penelope, Leona, Ophelia, Elodie, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I know an Apolline and 2 Appollonias (sp?) who all go by Apple, so you could use Apple as a nn for one of those

@ottilie- No no I didn't mean to come off rude. I was saying it like I hope it is okay I went back on my statement. I totally agree with what you are saying . My boyfriend is like how you and your boyfriend are, so I am hoping our child will have that instilled in them by him. I hated growing up shy and caring what others thought so I know I will not raise my child like that. And your daughter has a gorgeous name btw.

Ugh Yes it was terrible, I hated it! It was the typical bird comments or making bird noises. Its the damn Italian genes I have. But now I embrace who I am and realize all those comments those kids made did not define me as a person. Or really matter. I am hoping to raise my child with that attitude. My boyfriend does always say how weird I am lol so I guess it fits me then and I am sure yours fits you perfectly! They are a strange body part to have. But is it interesting to see how cultures almost have the same noses they may range here and there but all Italian people I meet have the same type nose.

So if she raises her little Apple with that attitude then I say any child could carry that name I just know for me I would have to make sure to teach my child to be confident and not care if I were to ever go with a weird name.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    @Scarlett; didn't mean to sound snarky (if I did!). I get what you mean, that's kind of what I was trying to say. People are different, and a child will most likely be quite similar to at least one of the parents. My boyfriend and I are both rather secure, confident people so we felt okay with giving our daughter a weird name. Had I been an introverted, timid person I probably wouldn't. Oh, your nose, that's so mean. I hated my nose growing up too, well, I still do, it's weird, but no one apart from me has ever said anything. I think most people hate their nose... I love noses, I think there's a lot of character in them! The weirder the nose, the cooler the person! I'm sure yours is fantastic.

I agree with your comment about being a secure, confident person. This describes me to a T so all the criticism I can take. I would never name my child Ponoma or just Lucille to avoid being too "out there". Well I would definitely be classified as a little out there, so no my child will not be a Lucy or a Emma or a Charlotte. I really only posted to get some opinions that maybe I hadn't already heard. Everyone's arguments against the name don't change my mind, I've heard them all and they seem to just be repeating the Same opinions. It just makes me aware of the kinds of questions and ignorant remarks I may face with my decision. I am confident and secure in my love for the name!! And that's all the peace of mind I need.