Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Well, here's how I see it.
    If you name her Lucille Apple or Pomona Lucille, you can nickname her Apple at home, and if she likes it she can cheerfully introduce herself with a, "Hi, I'm Lucille Apple Surname, call me Apple." And that's no big deal.
    If you name her Apple Lucille and she hates it, then she's going to wince every time she introduces herself. "Yes, I'm Apple Lucille Surname, but please just call me Lucille."

There's a big difference between going by a different name because you love it versus because you hate it. (Of course in most situations she could just say "Hi, I'm Apple" or "Hi, I'm Lucille" without mentioning her first name, but that's not always true, especially if her legal name is needed for some reason, like on a job application.)

I also have some trouble saying Apple Lucille, it slurs into Apalucille. I adore the middle name Lucille though. Why not just go for Poppy Lucille or Opal Lucille?

@Scarlett; of course all teasing is horrible but it is unavoidable. Until all parents teach their kids teasing is not acceptable it will happen, and as I said, I would rather the teasing happened because of the name and not personality/appearance. Maybe that's just me, but I would imagine being teased because of your nose, or your breasts or your butt is worse than your name. You can change your name, you can't reduce your hip-width. That's all I'm saying. So until all grown ups stop trashing celebrities and other people because of their names/dress size/intelligence/weirdness so their kids can't pick up on it, teasing is going to happen. And as I said, some people just have more teasing potential than other. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them, but if you're out going, confident and bubbly I think people are less likely to find that spot to hit that makes you an easy target.

edit: interesting, you deleted your post?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Apple Rowe? Um. it sounds like a description of an apple orchard (a thing not a person). When there are lists released regarding the worst celebrity baby names, Apple is often among them. Some fruits are more usable as names (Clementine) and others just sound ridiculous to me (Apple, Pomegranate). You seem to have made up your mind about the name so I will say no more.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

@ottilie- Because I see where you are coming from. And understand a name does not define someone. So I am re-evaluating my thoughts if that is okay with you. My teasing was with my appearance like you said. Actually about my nose which I find ironic how you mentioned that. Which led me to become the shy girl. And almost shut down. Like I also said, I am a person who has learned to care about what others think vs those who do not which I totally envy. I also wanted to name my child Lion but people told me that is ridiculous so my mind was swayed. Even though I really like the name and see it on a son who is confident, outgoing, kind and strong. But in the end I feel for my situation using a given name that can get the nn Lion is better for me and my mind to be at ease. So I said if she feels it is right then go with it because in the end it is up the parents not what us bloggers say on a forum or society. I am going based off my personality type that is all.
    Last edited by scarlett13001; June 12th, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

@Scarlett; didn't mean to sound snarky (if I did!). I get what you mean, that's kind of what I was trying to say. People are different, and a child will most likely be quite similar to at least one of the parents. My boyfriend and I are both rather secure, confident people so we felt okay with giving our daughter a weird name. Had I been an introverted, timid person I probably wouldn't. Oh, your nose, that's so mean. I hated my nose growing up too, well, I still do, it's weird, but no one apart from me has ever said anything. I think most people hate their nose... I love noses, I think there's a lot of character in them! The weirder the nose, the cooler the person! I'm sure yours is fantastic.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]