Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    If you really love it...then go for it.

However, be prepared for a lot of " Like Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter??"

I find Apple nice and usable for all the reasons that have been mentioned. I like the historical, mythological, symbolic and popular culture associations of the fruit (okay, except maybe Gwyneth Paltrow). As far as nature names go, Apple is similar in style to names like Wren, Blue, Lark, or Lilac; it's certainly nicer (and more substantial) than Neveah or Mckinleigh. That being said, do give her a more "serious" middle name like Lucille to give her options when she grows up.

If you decide that Apple is too adventurous for you and you want to appease the grandparents, you still have 2 options:

1) Tuck Apple in the middle: something like "Mary Apple Jones" or "Lucille Apple Jones" would be seen as a very normal name to have on birth announcements or résumées (lots of people have uncommon surnames as middles), but you could still call her Apple at home.

2) Use Apple as a nickname: Appoline and Appolonia are the the obvious choices, but you also have Pomeline, Pommelina, Avalon, or maybe a type of Apple (like the Author Plum Sykes, whose name is actually Victoria and was nicknamed so after the Victoria Plum). Ambrosia, Aurora, Gala, Calypso, Luna, Opal (more in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apple_cultivars).
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Instead of Apple, how about Apolline or Pomeline? I think they're both adorable names and sound great with Lucille Rowe.

Apple is okay, but I immediately think of Gwyneth Paltrow. If you adore the name, then go for it, otherwise be aware that almost every person you meet will dislike the name and question your motives for choosing it.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I think Apple grows on you. I think a great way to know if it is right for your family is to ask, would you want that to be your name? If the answer is yes, then it's likely a good fit!

I think it's sweet that you want to honor family...but I will say I heavily prefer Lucy to Lucille.

I think Apple is fine. If I met a little girl named Apple, I wouldn't think too much about it. If you love the name (and agree on it!), I don't think it matters much what anyone else thinks. Apple Lucille is a lovely name.
    My girls: Grace Patricia "Gracie Pat" & Eloise Martha "Elsie Mae"
    If we had a baby today: Moira Jane OR Desmond Walter
    Guys: Julian, Amos, Tobias, August, Silas, Peter
    Dolls: Iris, Marian, Hazel, Flora, Margo, Agnes

http://modernmonikers.wordpress.com