Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm not a fan. I think that the Harry Potter reference kind of stamps out its possibilities right there.

I think even now, you'll have a lot of pronunciation issues (after all not everyone is a potterhead) with it, which makes me think it's better as a middle name.

I also love Harry Potter and I definitely can see people assuming that you like/love/obsess over Harry Potter. So you might get comments "Oh, like Harry Potter!" or "OH! You must be a Harry Potter fan" So just prepare yourself for that if you do use it as a name at all.

Use it!

I don't see why you shouldn't use it, if you love it. It doesn't have to be a hp thing. I have a friend in her early 30ties with the name, and it is not odd or a problem at all. She spells it Hermine though, as the femine form of Herman.

I actually really love the name Hermione, just by itself. It has some amazing literary roots and I love the sound of it as well. And I don't see the Harry Potter attachment as a hindrance at all - Hermione Granger is an amazing role model for a child. Although I may be biased, because I'm a big Harry Potter fan anyway.
    c a r a

Francesca ‘Frankie' Lux
    Arden Clemence
    Lucia Rose
    Saskia Faye
    Odessa Violet
    Ramona Anais
    Romilly Harper
    Zosia Posey

Dashiell Robin
    Rowan Frederick
    Arlo Bastien
    Cedric Archer
    Ike Olivier
    James ‘Jem’ Orion
    Jasper Otto
    Leo Cesare
    Asa Roman

I adore Hermione! It's unusual but very beautiful and classic. I though at once think about Hermione Granger and of course the british actress Hermione Norris. It is a good usuable name that have super cute nicknames!