Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which boy name for our first child do you like?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alder

10 21.28%
  • Casper

23 48.94%
  • Soren

21 44.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know someone that named their baby Casper recently, and I just...really don't like it. I thought maybe it would grow on me, but it hasn't. I always think about the ghost, which I know isn't the most horrible association, per se, and I think this generation of kids won't even know of it, but to me it's the equivalent of naming your child a name commonly given to a dog or something. It just feels silly and out of place.
    I like Soren the best. I knew a boy growing up with that name and he was sweet and kind, so it has a nice association to me, plus it always felt unique without being too weird.

I can't help but recommend Aspen. Haha. It combines sounds from all three names and has the same vibe as name 1. That said, you have some great names here. I chose Soren. I knew a Soren and there's also the philosopher. The Soren I knew was probably the opposite of the philosopher though so it fits all types.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Soren James is my favorite combination.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

Really, all of these are good names. I need a full last name, I tried it with King and I like Soren best. But if it's a long complicated name, maybe Caspar would work better

This is a really tough one to vote on, as I actually really like all three names. The one I'd choose would probably end up being based a lot on what your last name is.

Alder- A really nice nature name that fits right in with modern naming trends without conforming to them. Has a pleasant softness to it. It looks like it's not getting as many votes as the others, but I think it'd be a great choice. Calder is another one I quite like.

Caspar- Is an awesome name. Historic, strong, meaningful. I personally prefer Jasper, but not by a lot. The friendly ghost association is relatively large, but that wouldn't bother me. And the fact was your grandfather's name is awesome. If you don't end up using this as a FN, it'd also be a solid MN with Soren or Alder.

Soren- This one was high on my own list for awhile (and Jasper still is). It's got a strong feel to it. The meaning of 'stern' is one I had a tough time appreciating, I tried really hard to make my mind think of 'stern' in more of a 'steadfast/strong' sense, but just couldn't do it. That being said, Soren does have some other similar names from other languages that have nice meanings (in Avestan (ancient pre-Persian, Zorastrian language) Suren might mean something like 'heroic one', but I had trouble confirming this. In Romanian, Sorin (pronounced sor-een) means 'sun').

My favorite name of all would be Soren Casper (but don't let Alder slip away just because of these forums, your husband does love it and it is a nice name too)
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...