Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calla Miette?

I love Calla, but not so fussed on Miette. I also think it sounds a bit like Call Me Ette (in a bad Italian accent, at least in my head), but it might just be me. Even so, it's hardly awful.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Don't hate me but for some reason when I said your combo out loud the opera song "O Sole Mio" popped into my head. Maybe it's the rhythm and sound of Calla Miette. I like the combo and "beautiful" and "sweet" are awesome adjectives but I'm more uncertain about whether I would want to be called "a little crumb" for the rest of my life.
    My fiancee jokes that we'll only call her a little crumb when she's throwing a hissy fit in the middle of a Wal-Mart and neither of us want to claim her as our child :lol:

In French miette literally means 'crumb.' As in the small bits left over after a loaf of bread has been on a plate. It's just as name-like as Crumb would be in English (meaning, absurd not at all name-like).

Luckily there are loads of French names which have an identical rhythm to Miette [which admittedly has a pretty sound and cadence]-- Simone, Cecile, Celeste, Yvette, Sandrine, Camille, Babette, Chantal, Christine, Clarisse, Colombe, Corinne, Cosette, Delphine, Elise, Estelle, Felice, Francine, Georgette, Helene, Jacquette, Jeannine, Josette, Justine, Lisette, Lucette, Lucille, Margot, Ninette, Odette, Roxanne, Suzette, Victoire-- all sound great, and are much more usable (throughout a girl/woman's life) than Crumb.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

I really like it
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

I think it's lovely!