Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calla Miette?

Hybrid View

Red face Calla Miette?

We found out today we're definitely having a girl and couldn't be more excited We have struggled with names since day one my fiancee and I seem to have differing opinions. We went back and forth and we just didn't seem to really agree on anything. Today I called my 94 year old grandmother and told her we were having a girl and told her what names we were looking at. Calla was on my fiancee's list and when I mentioned it to her she told me Calla Lilies were her favorite flower. I immediately knew then that this was the name I wanted for my daughter not only because it means beautiful, but because it is a good way to honor my grandmother who is the light of my life she is an amazing woman. Miette has always been one of my favorites since I found out I was pregnant but my fiancee wasn't too keen on it as a first name. I then suggested Calla Miette and he actually agreed on it. Roughly translated her name would mean "Beautiful sweet little crumb" It's unique without being too overboard, but I just want some extra opinions I want to get your thoughts on it just to see what the general consensus is. My mom hates it which isn't surprising :lol:

I absolutely love this choice!

Calla is such a spunky, vibrant name. She's a great choice conjuring up beautiful images and I also adore the flower associations. Calla is a brilliant name, I also think the nickname Callie is great. The family associations are great and tied in so lovingly. Miette is really bright and happy especially with Calla even though I'm not keen on Miette as a stand-alone-name she's great with Calla. Calla Miette is great.

Sounds good!

Don't hate me but for some reason when I said your combo out loud the opera song "O Sole Mio" popped into my head. Maybe it's the rhythm and sound of Calla Miette. I like the combo and "beautiful" and "sweet" are awesome adjectives but I'm more uncertain about whether I would want to be called "a little crumb" for the rest of my life.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Don't hate me but for some reason when I said your combo out loud the opera song "O Sole Mio" popped into my head. Maybe it's the rhythm and sound of Calla Miette. I like the combo and "beautiful" and "sweet" are awesome adjectives but I'm more uncertain about whether I would want to be called "a little crumb" for the rest of my life.
    My fiancee jokes that we'll only call her a little crumb when she's throwing a hissy fit in the middle of a Wal-Mart and neither of us want to claim her as our child :lol: