Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Another "crunchy" thing that I never tried and have had no interest in researching!

As everyone else has said, I have so many other things I can do with my children or my own personal time besides watch for cues and take them to the potty. I barely have enough time to do normal child care some days!

As far as when my girls were trained- #1 did everything early as a result of her being a little smarty pants and us being enthusiastic first time parents-- she was trained a little before her 2nd birthday. #2 was day trained and pretty good at night by 26-27 months. I really wish I would have started on the (older) twins around 18-20 months -- we got too distracted with pregnancy and newborn stuff and before I knew it, we had 4 (yes for real... it was awful) in diapers! As soon as I could, I put alot of effort into training them - they were 26 months when we started and now at 2 1/2, they are daytime trained and still not quite there at night, but I can deal with that!
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

EC just sounds absolutely absurd to me. I saw a program on it (like a 20/20 or Nightline type program) a few years ago and it was ridiculous. Imho, it's just another way for some parents to make themselves feel superior (as pp's have mentioned) to others. 'Well, i know my baby best because I know her potty cues!' Not something i feel the need to achieve with my life. Also, as Blade pointed out, the babies aren't being trained in any way, the parents are. Who wants to spend their entire day focused on the toilet??? There's just way, way too many other fun, beautiful things I want to focus on once my baby is here!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

To be honest, I had feared this thread would go the other way and be full of holier than thou responses about how EC means you know your baby better and how it creates a stronger bond between mum and baby etc. Really glad we're in a majority in thinking its quite a ridiculous concept and that there are better things to do with our time!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.