Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Percival?

Percival?

What do you think of Percival, with the n.n. Percy? The combo we have so far is Percival Walter Knight Surname.

My husband rejects any names that are "typical" brother to Theodore names like George, Rupert, Frederick and even Dashiell. He says he likes Percival, and I do too, but I'm not sure it goes with Theodore "Theo".

Thoughts?
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2, 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

The name Percy has been growing on me a LOT lately, and I really like it. I also like Percival as the best name to get to it. I think Percival definitely goes well with Theodore, both in full and nn form. Theodore and Percival, Theo and Percy (the nns sound REALLY good together). I think they are similar in that neither is common or trendy and both are very "full" first names with shorter, easier-going nns, which I really like. I also really like that both the two full names and two nns have the same cadence of syllables, I think it makes them flow really well. So I'd say go for it!!
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

I think Percival and Theodore pair exceedingly well together. They both have that medieval feel to me with a modern touch.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Percy is one of my all time favorite names and Percival is a great way to get to it! I think Theodore and Percival, or Theo and Percy make a wonderful sibset.

Theodore and Percival make an awesome sibset! I say go with it!
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore _______ "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus __________ "Zeke" ~