Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You're definitely over-thinking this. The name Sansa will most likely become recognizably tied to the show. You'll probably get people asking you if your daughter is named after the character, but who cares? If a random person, upon hearing your children's names, goes through that whole convoluted thought process leading them to the conclusion that you named your kids after enemies, well...then they're a huge nerd? LOL! Really, I don't think it matters. Any connection between the names is coincidental.

I haven't seen or read GOT, but I'd choose Léo over Sansa if I felt the need to drop one. Love it with the accent, "LAYo"
    Sansa reminds me of words like "sensory" "sensitive" "Samsung" and the French word "sans" (without.) It feels like a name that might be given to a company that produces touch-screen technology or something.

Sandhya (Means "twilight")
    Soraya

Yea you are definitely overthinking it. Despite having watched the seires and knowing it quite well, I didn't make that connection before I read it here and it still doesn't bother me.

Haha, maybe I am getting just a bit harebrained here. It's kind of a relief to hear that though, as I sincerely like both names and would want to use them if I could.

emmabobemma: I speak French, so sans is one thing I considered as a possible downside of the name, but in the end it wasn't enough to turn me off it. Soraya is a lovely choice of what you suggested, though. I do have a love of S-names, for both genders.

thatkathryngirl: I figured I'd get the questions, and I agree, it doesn't matter that much. Sure, I heard of the name through those books but in the end, it's that I like the name that I'd use it, not because I'm some crazy obsessed fan-lady.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Sansa reminds me of words like "sensory" "sensitive" "Samsung" and the French word "sans" (without.) It feels like a name that might be given to a company that produces touch-screen technology or something.
    I think the name Sansa is pretty, but I agree with this. Probably because my MP3 player was produced by a company called Sansa and I have a Samsung phone. What about Senna or Zanna/Zhanna?

ETA: Also, I don't think anyone will ever make the connection to GOT and the lion sigil. Don't worry about it!
    Last edited by greyer; June 10th, 2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot to answer your question! :)
    k+m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrice · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo