Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Game of thrones names - Oh my?!

You see, as you can probably infer from my username, Sansa is my first choice for a daughter, should I have one. Today, after a year or two of having them in my heart, it suddenly hit me that I have a glaring problem with my favorite girl name and my favorite boy name - Leo. I'm hoping there are fans of the show (or books) around to give their opinion, but I'll try to sum it up for general answers.

Sansa is a name of a POV character in the Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire series that is becoming more well known. As a character, among her greatest antagonists are the members of the Lannister family. In this medieval inspired saga, the main families are represented by a sigil (often an animal). The Lannisters' icon is a lion. Leo, as everyone knows, means lion. Something about having my two favorites oppose each other in this way makes me think that maybe I shouldn't use Sansa and Leo... together.

Any opinions?

PS-I think if I gave up one, I'd rather keep Sansa. I feel rather attached to it, and it's hard enough for me to find girl names that I could actually picture myself using.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

It's OK. Not many people will pick connection,.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I don't watch GOT and would never have known!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I wouldn't have picked up the connection.

I've read Game of Thrones and I did not think of that connection until you pointed it out. You might be over-thinking just a tad, but that's to be expected when you love a name as much as you love Sansa

Go with your instinct! If you love Sansa, use it.
    Currently crushing on:

Russell. Calloway. Brighton.

Evadne. Cecelia. Thomasina.