Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thea?

Thea?

What do you think of Thea - pronounced Thee-a?

It's a name I liked after reading a Thea Astley (acclaimed Australian author) novel years ago but it's been growing on me a lot lately.

My style is old fashioned, literary and a bit quirky with an English vibe. Does it fit with this do you think?

I don't know much about the name, it's usage/popularity etc. I know it's Greek and means goddess/godly which is nice.

Would love some opinions - good or bad - thanks!

Agatha and Thea definitely work!
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

It's pleasant, but not as much my thing as the similar Theodora.

However Thea is gentle and vintage while still fitting in well on the playground with Mia and Leah, so I can't bust on it.

Thea is one of my favorite names. I think it's so sweet sounding. Easy to spell and pronounce but not popular.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Thanks for your feedback so far. I like Theodora too but I don't think I could get it past my DH.

It does sound nice with Agatha doesn't it? They share that Th sound and are both Greek in origin.

Thea is so sweet and light and I usually go for clunkier names but it has grown on me so much lately.

Another big grower is Clara - what do you think??