Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Damaris is beautiful. It's one of our top choices. I've heard two pronunciations, duh-MARE-iss, similar to Daenerys Targaryen as you noted, and DAM-uh-riss. We prefer the first, though they really are very similar. In addition to the wiki Damaris you linked, Patrick Wolf has a stunning sad little song titled Damaris. I've heard he wrote it after finding a wooden cross with nothing but the name Damaris on it. He asked about it and was told she was a gypsy who fell in love with a vicar's son, and took her own life when they were forbidden to marry. No idea if it's true, and I hope the sadness doesn't ruin it for you. It makes me love it all the more, in hopes that future Damaris' find happiness.

edited to add song if you'd like to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBEtfWMWgC4
    Last edited by redwoodfey; June 13th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Winifred Snow ● Gwendolen Isabeau Fawn ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Polaris Fey

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I saw something about the song. I hadn't listened to it yet. The story doesn't detract from the name at all. Thank you for sharing!

lingerie company

So, when tossing the name past some friends today it was pointed out that both Damaris and Victoria are lingerie companies. Am I setting her up for a world of teasing and foreshadowing?

Eh, hmm. I was unaware of the Damaris lingerie line. I suppose I don't do a lot of lingerie shopping, except the occasional fun piece from modcloth or, yes, Victoria's Secret. Is it that well known with women shoppers? I guess you'll have to get feedback from someone else on that one. I certainly don't go straight to lingerie when I think Victoria however. Victoria is all queenly power and swords raised in victory to me. Love Victoria. I grew up with a Victoria and I'm trying to remember if anyone ever asked her about her "secret". Not that I'm aware of, but again, sounds like a Victoria would have to chime in. If it were me, and I felt both names were right, I wouldn't let something like this stop me.

Looking at your other options, if you're committed to Victoria, I think Persephone would be best with it. Senara Victoria doesn't mesh quite right imo. If Victoria isn't written in stone, perhaps Damaris or Senara with a different middle would make you happier.

Oh, and in regards to the song again, another little tie between Damaris and Game of Thrones: Brienne of Tarth (I don't remember the actresses name) plays Damaris in the music video. Just a fun little piece of info.
    Last edited by redwoodfey; June 14th, 2013 at 02:49 AM.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Winifred Snow ● Gwendolen Isabeau Fawn ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Polaris Fey

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

First option, for sure