Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Oh and I'm very happy with my decisions to do that, times 2! Happened to be names I would never use as a first name. Very glad I did that cause if I had used my DD 2 name as mn for DD 1 I would be sooo upset! Haha. I say save it and go for meaning. Also I agree with the PP's that your favorite name today might change in a few years. Also the mn is rarely spoken, I look at that spot more for what story can you tell your child about it when he/she gets older. I love word names as mn's too. I've always loved my mn for that. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by bellarina; June 11th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

Since we knew we wanted a large family, dh and I initially didn't use any names in the middle that we might want to use as a first name. But, with our last son we did use one of dh's favorites as a middle name. I'm generally in favor of saving names.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

We named our first daughter Madelyn Esther, after my favorite grandmother and my husband's favorite grandmother. When we had girl #2, we did kind of wish that we hadn't already used Esther. But on the other hand, Madelyn Esther sounds so lovely! And now that she is older, I can't see our little Genevieve as an Esther.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

That happened to me with my daughter. When she was born I realized that my top choice didn't really suit her, but it would've flowed beautifully with the first name I ended up picking. However, I still loved it so much I decided to save it in case I have another girl, rather than relegate it to the middle spot.

I am thinking about this right now. I think I'm just going to go with the two girl names I love the best at this moment. If a second girl comes along in the future, I've just gotta have faith that I'll come up with something good at that time. Also, tastes and times change, and you might have a great idea a few years from now that would work perfect for a second daughter!