Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hmm.. For some reason I just can't seem to like Tobias, and I've tried to since it has a lot of qualities I really appreciate. I think mostly I don't like it cuz the NN Toby sounds funny to me. Carsten is okay, but it sounds a lot like a mix of Carson and Kristen to my ear. Nonetheless, I prefer it.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Tobias James has my vote!
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

My choice would be Tobias, but I love the nn Toby.

Carsten isn't my style at all, feels rather harsh, and slightly like a mish-mash of Carson, Kristen, Carter, Carston.

The only Carsten I've known was a girl, and I thought they meant Kirsten for the first 10 minutes of talking with them. Tobias is wonderful, and seems much less trendy. I do think that Toby could be an issue, though, as he may choose to use it himself. But Tobias seems much more natural with Phoebe and Ingrid.

I am not a fan of Tobias James, though... both end in an -s... so it almost hisses. Although I much prefer Tobias, Carsten pairs much better with James.
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; June 10th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Tobias by a long shot! This is a very handsome, strong name and beats out Carsten easily, particularly if you include your girls' names into the equation.
    Good luck!