Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I wouldn't, but I've spent a lot of my life in China (the land of paperwork and endless bureaucracy). I can't imagine having to fill in yet another name on all the paperwork. Plus, I find it a bit frivolous... only a handful of people even know my 1 middle name. Why add another? I can understand adding another meaningful name, but it just makes the name so long. I'd much rather have 2 carefully chosen, meaningful names. I think if you give 2 middle names, you probably need to continue it for the other kids. If you didn't, the others might feel cheated.

Edit: But I should add that I have always felt my name is particularly unwieldy... It was 3 syllable first name + 1 syllable middle name + 3 syllable Disney movie maiden name... Now I have dropped my mn (lest my name should be ridiculously long)... so it's 3 syllable fn + 3 syllable Disney movie maiden name + 3 syllable surname (that sounds like something out of a sci-fi film). I think for my nephew, Bri@n Johnson, 2 middle names would've been useful just to help sort out which Bri@n Johnson... but with my surname (Zolgh@dr), I think it's completely unnecessary. It's not exactly common...
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; June 10th, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Our two boys only ahve one middlename, as per tradition in our families, but if we have a girl next time she will have two middlenames - the last being in honour of her uncle.

I like it IF the names flow, but not for the sake of using "all the names I like" if you know what i mean

I hate it. I don't see why parents can't just choose a name. When Uma Thurman gave her child 5 middle names, I rolled my eyes. Plus being a teacher, long names are aggravating on paperwork. They never fit and are annoying to children too. Most children want to be the "same" as everyone else. I run into this problem year after year. Definitely think about it before you plague your child with an obnoxiously long name.

I wouldn't use two middle names because I prefer simplicity in naming overall. As for other people, I think it is fine either way and really depends on the first name, the chosen middle names, and the last name.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

My youngest brother had two middles (Jacob Michael Allen) and my oldest sister (Natasha Mary Lousie) while none of the rest of us (there are 8 in all) did. Similarly my oldest has two middles because, quite frankly her father was hard headed on a name i disliked (Elizabeth) and i wanted to give her the name I loved and still name her after my grandmother, so we wound up with Elizabeth Kealani Joy, which flows nicely. I didn't continue this with my younger 2 though, and as we're having such a hard time even agreeing on a first name for this one, I really seriously doubt #4 will have 2 middles, either.