Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Yay or Nay on two middle names?

What are your thoughts on a child having two middle names? If you use two middle names with your first child do you feel you have to keep that tradition going?

Thanks!
    Last edited by scarlett13001; June 9th, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I like it. Not quite sure what I would do for my own, as I vacillate between one and two middles constantly.

Whatever I used for my first child, I'd continue, in this case.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Would all of your children have two middles or would you make it just so one gender has it. For example our girls list has a name with two middles so I would only continue that tradition with girls. And our boys would only have one middle.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I think I'd be more inclined to do the same for boys and for girls.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I gave my daughter 2 middles! I never had planned it this way, but my husband wanted to use his grandmother's name, Ida (ee-duh not eye-duh pronunciation) and it felt so short & awkward with her first name so I opted to include a name to honor my cousin Simon; Simone. We stuck a hyphen in between so Simone doesn't get forgotten on forms & things. I think it flows quite well together.

I think 2 middles is a little princessy so it works best with shorter, down-to-earth names...or at least one shorter one paired with a longer one.

I don't feel the pressure to do 2 middles for any additional children. I think I only would for a girl, cause I like very simple, masculine names on boys. Nothing fancy and a double middle is a bit fancy imo. I would only do another double on a girl if I found a meaningful combo that worked with the first name we settle on. I like Anna-Beatrice very much and I would use it if we picked a fn that it worked with. Mary-Beatrice is another we've considered.