Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Another vote for Eye-la.

It's Eye-la.

I think most people say it EYE-lah (I do!), but the Spanish pronunciation, EES-lah, is really cool, I think.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Have recently begun pronouncing it EYE-lah, but my initial take on the name (as a foreigner who's had Spanish in school and listened to a lot of Madonna) was ESS-lah. I also actually prefer EES-lah to EYE-lah.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Unfortunately there are always going to be people whp pronounce it like Izla. Whenever I see Isla, I have to stop for a sec and remember the S is silent. Few people are going to be aware that it's pronounced like isle/island.