Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Barnaby for a first name?

Hello all, I was wondering what you thought of Barnaby for a first name.

Nickname wise, I'd go for Ari. He'd likely be a little brother for a Léo and an Alfred.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I've been crushing on Barnaby for several weeks now, but my husband vetoed it because it sounds too much like "Barney" to him. I think Ari is a bit of a stretch for a nn, but it's sure better than Barney or Barnes! If you love it, go for it!

I also went to high school with an Ari (full name) so if you love Ari, there's no reason to name him Barnaby to get to Ari.
    Proud mommy to Levi Larson. Expecting #2 (gender surprise) in August.

Adelaide - Charlotte - Opal - Scarlett - Indigo - Dahlia
    Finnegan - Anders - Cedric - Blaise - Logan - Calloway

Barnaby is one of those names that I'd like to see on someone else's boy- it's a great name but I wouldn't use it myself. Barnaby fits well with Alfred and Ari fits well with Leo. Good choice

I like Ari, but not enough to do it on its own, I think.

Though to be honest I'm at a complete loss for boy names.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I love Barnaby! It's my second favorite first name for a boy, I think Ari is a fine nickname, all the letters are basically there, but I do admit to liking Barney or Barnes more as nns. I think it's great with Alfred, but Léo and Barnaby seem pretty vastly different. Then again I see a mix of ethnicities in the name combos in your sig, so if you're comfortable with that I think it's fine!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney