Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will this work???

My name is Caroline. In college I want to be called Caris. (keri-is) Will it work? Many similar letters! I look and feel more like a Caris than a Caroline! Plus, it's a smosh of my name and Paris, a name I've always loved more than anything. You like it or think it's stupid? BE HONEST!

As a nickname for Caroline, I think it does. The beginning parts sound similar. I swore I read somewhere that there was a character on a telenovela where a character named Regina went by Regis. Caroline to Caris seems to be in a similar vein.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I think it works as a nn for Caroline. Just make sure you introduce yourself always as Caris first so people get it. My name is Alexandra Lee and I go by Andie which is also a bit of a stretch but I always introduce myself as Andie and most people assume my name is Andrea not Alexandra. I haven't had a problem with anyone not calling me by my chosen nn. Best of luck to you!

I think it works- nicknames don't always have to be a perfect fit! But I suggest introducing yourself as Caroline, nickname Caris first. Go for it if it feels more "you"!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I'd look at Caris and say 'KAH-riss' like Carys. No way in a million years would I guess it was meant to be 'kerry-is'. O_o Maybe change the spelling to reflect the pronunciation?

I can see Carrie/Carys as a nickname for Caroline but not Kerry.
    Last edited by renrose; June 9th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!