Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will this work???

My name is Caroline. In college I want to be called Caris. (keri-is) Will it work? Many similar letters! I look and feel more like a Caris than a Caroline! Plus, it's a smosh of my name and Paris, a name I've always loved more than anything. You like it or think it's stupid? BE HONEST!

As a nickname for Caroline, I think it does. The beginning parts sound similar. I swore I read somewhere that there was a character on a telenovela where a character named Regina went by Regis. Caroline to Caris seems to be in a similar vein.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I think it works as a nn for Caroline. Just make sure you introduce yourself always as Caris first so people get it. My name is Alexandra Lee and I go by Andie which is also a bit of a stretch but I always introduce myself as Andie and most people assume my name is Andrea not Alexandra. I haven't had a problem with anyone not calling me by my chosen nn. Best of luck to you!

I think it works- nicknames don't always have to be a perfect fit! But I suggest introducing yourself as Caroline, nickname Caris first. Go for it if it feels more "you"!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I'd look at Caris and say 'KAH-riss' like Carys. No way in a million years would I guess it was meant to be 'kerry-is'. O_o Maybe change the spelling to reflect the pronunciation?

I can see Carrie/Carys as a nickname for Caroline but not Kerry.
    Last edited by renrose; June 9th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.