Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think Aurora has the potential to hit the top ten, but I'm doubtful that it ever will. I feel the same way about Penelope and Annabel- they have the potential, but I really don't think they'll go that high up in popularity. I think the name Athena will probably go up to about 200, but never will breach the top 100.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I definitely don't think that Aurora will become a top ten name, I don't know anyone who has an Aurora or even has it on their list. One of my daughters is named Isla which I hesitated to use because I think it will one day be a top 10 name (as a replacement for Emma & Ava) but given that you can't predict the future it seems silly to me not to use a name you love because it 'might' become a top 10 name. I am not positive on this but I believe Charlotte is already a top 10 in Canada and yet whenever I meet a little Charlotte I still think it is a beautiful name. I think it is more like an Elizabeth or Catherine that even when it becomes hugely popular it retains it's beauty because it is a classic. I think Penelope, Rosie and Clementine are all too quirky for the masses for any of them to hit the top 10. I think Annabel could because Anna is already hugely popular and I think it is a natural extension of the name that will appeal to many.

I'm asking more because of curiosity than anything else. I'm pretty sure we would use Aurora no matter where it landed on the charts if we decided it was the name.

Maybe Aurora is one of those names that's very geographical? I know a handful of Auroras under the age of 5-- more babies named Aurora than Sophia for example. I also know several small girls named Lucy, Lila, and Scarlett. I'm based in NYC so maybe it is more of an East Coast urban thing. Also, as always, there's just random chance involved.

ajh, I agree to a point-- but fifteen years ago, wouldn't one have said something similar about Chloe? Without a doubt Chloe and Zoe were both "quirky" names well into the late 1990s/early 2000s. Layla/Lila, too. It's so mysterious how some names go mainstream and others never quite make it.

Quote Originally Posted by aj_bear View Post
    I think Aurora has the potential to hit the top ten, but I'm doubtful that it ever will. I feel the same way about Penelope and Annabel- they have the potential, but I really don't think they'll go that high up in popularity. I think the name Athena will probably go up to about 200, but never will breach the top 100.
    I agree with this, although I do think that just maybe, Annabel will hit top 10 when all of the different spellings are taken into account - though I do see it more often as a middle name than as a first.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Anytime I hear an American saying this name, it seems like they're "eating it". The pronunciation seems to be quite tricky, so I don't see Aurora in top10...

BTW, see http://upswingbabynames.com/the-next-popular-names/

#1 Amelia
    #2 Sophia
    #3 Lily
    #4 Aubrey
    #5 Scarlett
    #6 Isabella
    #7 Olivia
    #8 Harper
    #9 Sophie
    #10 Charlotte
    #11 Emma
    #12 Ava
    #13 Sofia
    #14 Mia
    #15 Stella
    #16 Elizabeth
    #17 Emily
    #18 Lyla
    #19 Addison
    #20 Chloe
    #21 Madison
    #22 Violet

#1 Henry
    #2 Owen
    #3 Liam
    #4 Mason
    #5 Elijah
    #6 Jacob
    #7 Noah
    #8 William
    #9 Rylan
    #10 Benjamin
    #11 Ethan
    #12 Logan
    #13 Carter
    #14 Matthew
    #15 Jaxson
    #16 James
    #17 Aiden
    #18 Jackson
    #19 Alexander
    #20 Asher
    #21 Jayden
    #22 Michael

I know it's only a prediction, but it's still cool!