Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Lightbulb "Made Up" names that you actually love

Okay so I know "made up" names usually get a lot of hate but as an avid reader I've actually encountered quite a few that fall into the "made up" category that are quite lovely. I know there are some that are just horrid but seeing as how we have a ton of threads dedicated to how awful they are, I was wondering if anyone actually had any "made up" names that they really like?

"Made up" in this case is any name that doesn't have old origins or that has virtually no information to it online, leading us to believe it was probably made up by someone in a recent time period. So please, go forth and share with me your favorite made up names!

So far a few of my favorite made up names are...

Ladies
    Estellise (ehs-TAH-lees) - No brainer here, it's been one of my top names since joining NB!

Gents
    Asbel (AZ-bell) - I'm assuming this is made up, I can't find any information on it
    Devin | 25 | Married | Illustrator | US
    Currently Expecting #1 March 2017
    Momma of furbabies and collector of names
    Manga♥Video Games♥Art

Top Combos
    Fox ThomasRhys VaughnLinden Blue
    Aria EstelliseElowen Saoirse Odette Josephine

Crushes
    Saoirse "CeCe"
    Linden "Lin"
    ● Jane
    ● Zelda
    ● Felix
    ● Freya

I have Lothira (Lo-thear-uh) and Elendra on my favourites' list, which are Tolkien inspired; I especially love Lothira out of the two. And (at least think) I made up Xinnaea (or Xinnaeus for a boy), Endrana, Monacia, and Phlamora/Flamora which don't sound (or look) too bad.
    Fangirl | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | 18 | Future mummy 😏
    Dreaming of...
    • Evanthe Georgiana Clio • Marigold Clara Hermione • Beatrix • Demelza • Artemis • Rowenna • Olympia •
    Caspian Sherlock Walter • Pandora Valencia Fae
    • Ptolemy Lysander Albert | Horatio Phoenix Arthur | Nikolai Emrys Altair | Artemus Dorian Hugo •
    Mister Men Combos Little Misses Combos
    'Calling me strange gives me confidence, 'cause I take it as a compliment'
    The Nearly Deads | My Evil Ways

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    I have Lothira (Lo-thear-uh) and Elendra on my favourites' list, which are Tolkien inspired; I especially love Lothira out of the two. And (at least think) I made up Xinnaea (or Xinnaeus for a boy), Endrana, Monacia, and Phlamora/Flamora which don't sound (or look) too bad.
    I love Tolkien names and Tolkien inspired names. I actually search the internet for names similar and inspired from his names (I think most of his are a little too much for a human child). I like Flamora!
    Devin | 25 | Married | Illustrator | US
    Currently Expecting #1 March 2017
    Momma of furbabies and collector of names
    Manga♥Video Games♥Art

Top Combos
    Fox ThomasRhys VaughnLinden Blue
    Aria EstelliseElowen Saoirse Odette Josephine

Crushes
    Saoirse "CeCe"
    Linden "Lin"
    ● Jane
    ● Zelda
    ● Felix
    ● Freya

I really like Kimora, as in the model Kimora Lee Simmons. I believe it's an invented name.

I heard about a woman name Ave (pronounced AH-vay) and she was named after the virgin Mary/the song "Ave Maria." it has such a pretty sound to it!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Mabel - Wilhelmina - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Edelweiss
    Fritz - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel