Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which longer name do you like for a girl called Annie?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marianne

11 25.58%
  • Annabelle

21 48.84%
  • Annelise

20 46.51%
  • Anastasia

13 30.23%
  • Annmarie

7 16.28%
  • Roseanne

1 2.33%
  • Roxanne

5 11.63%
  • Hannah

5 11.63%
  • Liliane

2 4.65%
  • Savannah

7 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting to Annie

What is your favorite name that lends itself to the nickname Annie? I've always loved Annie but struggle with the longer forms and whether or not they fit with my other children's name. For example, is Marianne too close to Madelyn? Do Annie and Maddie together leave Genevieve (who doesn't use a nickname at this point) standing out like a sore thumb? Is Annelise too similar to Alexander?

Which Annie names do you like? Do they go with my sibset? And feel free to suggest others!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I prefer an name that starts with Ann for the nickname Annie. I don't think Annelise is very similar to Alexander, besides both starting with A. If you worry Maddie and Annie leaves Genevieve out, you could always just give her a nickname. She's 1, right? It won't matter to her. You could call her Gennie.

So many interesting names! I love the idea of shortening Savannah to Annie though I think Anastasia or Liliana will fit with your other kids better. No, I don't think Genevieve will feel left out - maybe you will call you new baby by her full name or maybe Genevieve will get a nickname one day, who knows.
    Answering to your questions, Marianne isn't too close to Madelyn but if you pick it, you may think Genevieve is out of "M" theme then. And Anneliese isn't too similar to Alexander unless you will call her Liz and him Lex. But again, if all your children have different initials, I wouldn't advice on using the same letter again so you avoid "feeling left out" questions.

I don't think any of the names you're worried about being too similar are a problem, and just saying, I LOVE all your kids' names (Madeline Esther has actually been on my list for quite a while! ). My favorites are definitely Annelise and Annmarie--pretty and go well with your sibset.
    Here's a breakdown of my opinions :
    Marianne: very pretty, and I don't think it's too close to Madelyn
    Annabelle: I have a personal aversion to Annabelle, but that's just me. I do think it goes with your kids' names
    Annelise: One of my favorites!! I think it is really a beautiful name, and again, definitely not too close to Alexander
    Anastasia: Also, pretty, but not my favorite
    Annmarie: Love this name!!! It's on my list of favorites! I do like the Annemarie spelling better though, for the separation of the Ns and the M
    Roseanne: pretty, but not my fav Rose or Anne name
    Roxanne: the only one on your list I really don't like--it doesn't seem to go well with your other kids' names
    Hannah & Liliane: both really pretty, but Hannah doesn't strike me as a way to get to Annie (it seems like a stand-alone name), and while Liliane might work a bit better, many people would autopilot to Lily
    Savannah: also pretty, but may I suggest Susannah? Same feel, but I think it goes better with your sibset.
    Ladies:
    Catherine Lark ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Rosemary Elanor
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Sylvia Therese ~ Margaret Jane

Gentlemen:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Owen Benedict
    Harrison Peter ~ Calvin Anthony

Guilty Pleasures:
    Anthea Lark ~ Felix Bard ~ Primrose Lucy ~ Atticus John ~ Elanor Valentine
    Josie, Finn, & Pippa

oh, just thought of Annabeth (similar to Annabelle but more graceful, I think)
    Ladies:
    Catherine Lark ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Rosemary Elanor
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Sylvia Therese ~ Margaret Jane

Gentlemen:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Owen Benedict
    Harrison Peter ~ Calvin Anthony

Guilty Pleasures:
    Anthea Lark ~ Felix Bard ~ Primrose Lucy ~ Atticus John ~ Elanor Valentine
    Josie, Finn, & Pippa