Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which frilly belle?

So I confess, I LOVE the 3 and 4 syllable frilly, princess-y names. I've always wanted a name that sounds like a feminine southern belle, and now that we are TTC I'm finding myself torn between two. Annabelle and Arabella both have wonderful qualities and I can't choose! What are your opinions on each name?

Annabelle - seems spunky for a little girl and distinctively southern. Like a girl who would wear a dress to climb a tree. Also seems to flow well with our son Jack. This seems like the safer of the two choices to me. The obvious nn Anna is also a plus.

Arabella - this is the kind of name I used to wish I had as a child. To me it feels southern and sophisticated. Maybe a little less rambunctious than Annabelle. I just worry it doesn't work well Jack, although it seems like a perfect fit with his full name Jackson. It's less common which is a plus but it just means I have to be very sure of our choice. Also love the nn Ella with Jack.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I like Arabella! Its a little prettier and glamourous than Annabelle. I think it goes with Jack just fine, it kinda makes Jack seem a little more sophisticated too!

I think Arabella is more original, I am tending to think about names that are not in the top 10 kind of thing but are still pretty and accessible :-)

Arabella! I don't really like Annabelle, especially that spelling {Annabel looks much neater to me}. Arabella and Jack are wonderful together!
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

I like Annabelle and Jack together, I think they flow better.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |