Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need advice - and how popular are these names where you live?

Our name list has changed so many times since finding out we're having a girl. So here is our list (would love your opinions) plus my specific questions for you berries....

Cecily
    Sophie
    Julia/Juliet
    Téa
    Madeleine
    Olivia
    Bridget

My questions are...
    1. Our last name starts with J, is BJ a bad initial combination for a little girl?
    2. Do you think that Téa (pronounced Tay-a) will often be confused with Tea "Tee"( like the hot beverage)?
    3. How popular are Madeleine, Sophie and Olivia where you live?

Thanks!

1) I wouldn't give a girl, or a boy, the initials BJ - just in case!
    2) I'm not sure. I could tell it wasn't "Tea", but others might not. The questioned is more, how much would it annoy you!?
    3) We got one Olivia in the childrens nursery, that's it. I've yet to meet a Madeleine or a Sophie where I live (and that includes 5 years of baby groups, nurseries, play dates, etc etc)

Olivia is my favourite from your list. Olivia Sophie is quite cute.

1. Our last name starts with J, is BJ a bad initial combination for a little girl? yes, I would avoid it
    2. Do you think that Téa (pronounced Tay-a) will often be confused with Tea "Tee"( like the hot beverage)?yes, pretty often.
    3. How popular are Madeleine, Sophie and Olivia where you live?
    very popular. Top 20

My favorite on your list is Cecily.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

1. I don't think the initials BJ is that bad.
    2. I think some people may mispronounce it Tee.
    3. In my area Olivia & Sophie are quite popular.

Cecily -I like this name and also the other variations Celia, Cecilia
    Sophie - I'm on the fence about this one, it's a lovely name but I think I would prefer Sofia.
    Julia/Juliet -I love Juliet and also the french spelling Juliette.
    Téa -I don't mind this name but most people wouldn't know how to pronounce it properly.
    Madeleine -Love this name!
    Olivia -Not really a fan of this name
    Bridget -I prefer the spelling Brigid or Brighid.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Our name list has changed so many times since finding out we're having a girl. So here is our list (would love your opinions) plus my specific questions for you berries....

Cecily - I like this name. Its a lot fresher to me than Cecelia
    Sophie - This name is adorable. I love despite its popularity
    Julia/Juliet - Both are nice names. I prefer Juliet only because I know so many Julias and Juliet sounds so romantic
    Téa - Its a pretty name but I would immediately want to pronounce it Tee-a
    Madeleine - Very classy
    Olivia - Its pretty but overused
    Bridget- Love it. It was one of my favorite names when I was younger. Its very strong, yet feminine

My questions are...
    1. Our last name starts with J, is BJ a bad initial combination for a little girl? It wouldn't bother me because I hang out with people who would have the the decency not to comment on it. I think its only a big deal if someone hears your full name and comments on it because they're a jerk. Just don't monogram her initials on anything in middle school and I think she'd be fine.

2. Do you think that Téa (pronounced Tay-a) will often be confused with Tea "Tee"( like the hot beverage)? Yes. My initial reaction would actually be to pronounce it Tee-a. The accent wouldn't register with me right away because we don't use it that much in English.

3. How popular are Madeleine, Sophie and Olivia where you live? I live in NY. Madeleine (usually spelt Madelyn in my area) is very popular but mostly among the 9-13 age group. Sophie as a stand alone name is not popular at all but Sophia is, and probably half of those girls are nicknamed Sophie. Olivia is mad popular here because we have a large Italian population who like all the popular names ending in -a.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia