Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Persephone?

Persephone?

I'm having a hard time on this name: Persephone. I feel like I like it, yet I don't. What do you all think?

Some combinations I like are:

Persephone Kate
    Persephone June
    Persephone Athena (too much?)
    Persephone Rose
    Persephone Mae
    Persephone Elizabeth

Feedback is welcome!!!!! Thank you
    Last edited by juma1234; March 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Current Favorites:
    Girls: Juliet Elizabeth, Jacqueline Eden, Katherine Noelle, Charlotte Marie, Eliza Catherine, Eve Augusta,
    Isla Rose, Maeve Elizabeth

Boys: Matthew Thomas, Maxwell David, Nicholas Paul, Benjamin Luke, Jonah Robert, William Peter,
    Joseph Alexander, Andrew James

Names I'm not sure about:
    Esme Faith, Nora Genevieve, Claire Madeleine, Blyth Margaret, Margaux Claire, Jack William, Troy Christopher

All the best,
    juma1234

Hate it sorry
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

As you can tell from my signature, i love it! The problem that most people seem to have with this name is that they a) can't pronounce it properly or b) think it's too over the top.

Personally, I think the pronunciation should be sort of common knowledge, but that's maybe just because I know a ton about the Greek language and culture and what not.

Persephone Athena is too much, sorry. Maybe something that means wisdom or the like, as that's Athena's thing? Persephone Sophia is lovely!

I like Persephone Rose the best from your list, then Persephone Kate, and then Persephone Elizabeth.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

A name from Greek mythology, and according to wikipedia she is queen of the underworld
    Psalm 23

I love Persephone! I don't know if I would name my daughter that, or what I could pair with it; but what it's worth, I do love it.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Marina, Arden and Arthur, Inigo.