Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 weeks left to pick a 3rd sibling's name!

My daughters are Charlotte Noelle and Matilda Marie. Baby #3 will be here in the next 2 weeks, and I need inspiration! It's a surprise, so we need boy & girl choices.

We're not nickname people, and prefer classic over 'kreative' names.

So far I'm leaning toward Oscar or Arthur, and I love June (for a girl), but DH isn't convinced.

I really appreciate any suggestions!

I really like Arthur for a boy! I also like the name June, but it seems a bit short compared to your girls' names.

Julianne/Julianna
    Eleanor
    Florence
    Adelaide
    Elizabeth
    Susannah
    Imogen

Edmund
    Alexander
    Henry
    Benjamin
    Felix
    William
    Nathaniel
    Daniel
    Susannah ~ Marigold ~ Katharine ~ Violet ~ Annemarie ~ Thalia ~ Fiona ~ Juliet ~ Lucy ~ Elisabeth ~ Madeline ~ Primrose ~ Molly ~ Sophia ~
    William ~ Caspian ~ Timothy ~ Peter ~ Roland ~ Arthur ~ Percy ~ Elliot ~ Llewellyn ~ Nico ~ John Paul ~ Finn ~ Benedict ~ Faramir

I really like your name choices, especially Oscar and June!
    Other names I could suggest are

Alice
    Amelia
    Clementine
    Eloise
    Elsa
    Florence
    Harriet
    Iris
    Isla
    Lucy
    Violet

George
    Henry
    Jasper
    Leo
    Max
    Oliver
    Toby

Charlotte, Matilda and June sounds like an interesting sibset and is not completely discordant. However, the thing that strikes me is that June does seem a bit insubstantial next to Charlotte and Matilda. Charlotte and Matilda are visually and verbally longer, and are, quite literally, regal names. If I were you, I'd go with a classic name that has just as much weight behind it. Elizabeth, Helena, Katherine, Victoria, Sophia, Isabel, and Eleanor are all obvious choices, but is seems that although you like classic names, you might want something just a bit off the current trend. How about Alice, Josephine, Guinevere, Julia, Portia, Juliet, Veronica, Adela, Phillipa, Cordelia, Antonia, Louisa, Beatrice, Rowena, Claudia, Clara, Penelope, or Emmeline?

Arthur seems like a very good choice for a brother, and I love it. Oscar is indeed a classic name, but personally I can never think past Oscar the Grouch and Oscar Madison. Other boy suggestions: Edmund, Edward, Geoffrey, Philip, Stephen, Peter, Paul, Gregory, Linus, Frederick, Oliver, Leo, Julian, or Sebastian?

Good luck. You have great taste in names, so you are sure to make a wonderful choice!
    Last edited by missmolly; June 9th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Obsessing over names since 1964