Names Searched Right Now:

Irish American name combos

We're expecting a girl in October, so we have time.

Would love combo suggestions/commentary on our Irish American list.

I'm from CA and like less common names and/or nickname options. Hubby is from Dublin and has some very strong ideas of what won't work, but not many suggestions. Some of his favorites are traditional Irish names, which work for me, but his tastes tend toward very conservative (IMO).

Unfortunately, my favorites are not his favorites and vice versa. And many of both of our favorites have been already vetoed.

We have an Aine Jay (5) and a Patrick Joseph Michael (2). Both kids named with grandparents' names and variations. Both have J middles, though we don't mind straying from that.

We've been through tons of baby naming sites, including me lurking here since the birth of previous kiddos...and finally narrowed our list to the following:

Meredith
    Naimh
    Einin
    Jane
    Violet
    Eibhlin
    Aislin
    Joy
    Claire
    Rowan
    Sage
    Fionnuala or Nuala
    Aderyn/Deryn
    Jules

Last name is Griffin.

Combo favorites you think might work for us? I'm pretty sure most new names suggested will have already been discussed...but if you think I'm missing a good one from our list, please share.

Thank you!!!

Oh I love the Anglicized versions of Fionnuala and Nuala! Finola and Nola.
    Finola Jane would be my pick, however your other daughter's mn is too similar. Finola Joy would be cute though. Jay and Joy for the middles.

I've got a little Irish in me, haha, but I am completely obsessed with Irish names and their unique (well, at least to me) spellings. I love your first two childrens' names! I think Eibhlin, Aislin, and Rowan are my Irish favorites from your list, but I really really like Violet as well.

Aine, Patrick & Eibhlin *this is my favorite from your list*
    Aine, Patrick & Aislin (I love the name Aislin, and it was actually on my favorites list for a while. One point might want to consider:it has the same two first letters as your other daughter's name. I have no clue if they're pronounced with the same beginning sound or what, so disregard if it doesn't apply or you don't care )
    Aine, Patrick, & Rowan
    Aine, Patrick & Violet

Aine, Patrick & Fiona (I'm guessing you considered this one since you have Fionnuala listed, but I couldn't help suggesting it because it goes so well with your other kids' names and I absolutely love it!!)

If you want to stick with J middles:
    Jane (it's on your list for firsts but could make an amazing middle as well)
    Jules (ditto Jane)
    June
    Juniper
    Joy
    Jade
    Julie
    Jolie
    Josie
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

I should mention these names are for both first and/or middles.

@niteowl13 I like that combo too! Hubby is a stickler for the more Irish spelling/pron of this one though.

@sarahdoodle Aine is "AWN-yuh" and Aislin would be more like "ASH-ling" ... A short "a" sound for both like in "bat." It could work. Most of your J names were on MY mn list but already vetoed by hubs.

We had no trouble really with the first two! And of course we had a boys name picked out (would have been Conor Oisin) when we found out it was a girl!

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming berries! You all are good at this!
    Possibles for our DD due in October...but we can't agree on which one/combo will fit. DH is from Dublin. I'm from L.A. We have an Aine (5) & a Patrick (2).

* Meredith * Eibhlin * Naimh * Claire * Brigid * Fionnuala *

With Aine, my favorite is Niamh.

Niamh Jenifry
    Niamh Juniper (!)
    Niamh Josephine

But Fionnuala is to die for.

Fionnuala Jane
    Fionnuala Joy

breaking the J-pattern:
    Fionnuala Claire
    Fionnuala Violet
    Fionnuala Meredith