Results 6 to 10 of 20
Thread: Worldly, universal names
June 8th, 2013 05:03 PM #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
June 8th, 2013 05:13 PM #8
To be honest? I immediately thought of Emma. It literally means "universal" and its a very carefree, light name for a girl that ages well into a wise older woman.
I've been suggesting Emma a lot today, I've noticed. Its a coincidence, I assure you.
Another carefree name that comes to mind is Jubilee. It has a lot of history, but is associated with celebrations, and it has a very musical sound to it. If that'st too much, I'd suggest Julia, which literally means youthful. There was a 2 year old girl with blonde hair and big blue eyes named Julia at the daycare I worked at. She was notorious for running around on her little stubby legs without her pants on after she went potty. The teachers would run after her yelling "JULIE!" while her bare feet slapped loudly on the floor. If that's not carefree, I don't know what is.
Another name that came to mind is Persephone (per-seph-oh-NEE). Its tied to Greek mythology and sounds great.
And as the names you suggested:
- Mina doesn't have any of those traits! Have you looked up the meaning here on nameberry yet???
- Lydia is pretty and kind of has an airy, musical sound to it. But the meaning doesn't stand out to me, and the name doesn't too well, either.
- Saoirse has all that embodies freedom and universality; my only problem is that its so easily mispronounced and doesn't sound too carefree either.
- Freya is a really cool name, as I really love Norse mythology and a powerful woman figure. Freya Stark was also an explorer and writer, so it could work with what you want.
- Veda is a really wise name, but the nickname Vee seems more carefree than the whole name. Vee for when she's a girl, and Veda when she's older may not be such a bad thing?
Last edited by liviajoan; June 8th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen
June 8th, 2013 05:27 PM #10Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
June 8th, 2013 08:40 PM #12
June 8th, 2013 09:06 PM #14Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2012