Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hazel Elisabeth... but not.

I've been loving Hazel nn Hazy lately, a lot. I've tentatively decided to add it to my list, but I'm having troubles with a combo. Hazel Elisabeth is the closest I seem to be able to come to finding a combo I truly like, but I always promised myself I wouldn't use a filler MN for my children (my MN is Marie and I've always hated that it has no meaning). Honestly, I adore the name Elisabeth, it's not like it was the first thing that "sounded nice", but it still feels like a cop-out. I also like Hazel Isabella--liked it before Hazel Elisabeth, actually--but I'm worried that it's quite tongue-twistery with all the "Z" and "L" sounds. Plus, Isabelle's been my top choice for a girl for years.

So. Thoughts on a Hazel combo that feels like Hazel Elisabeth, but that isn't? I'm looking for something sweet, something more classic to balance out the vintagey-goodness of Hazel, something more innocent than sexy or exotic.

If you think Hazel Elisabeth and/or Hazel Isabella is fine--which would you pick between the two?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I think Hazel Elisabeth works better than Isabella.

Some other possible ideas...

Hazel Lucille
    Hazel Charlotte
    Hazel Elaine
    Hazel Delilah
    Hazel Rosalie
    Hazel Cassandra
    Hazel Ophelia
    Hazel Fiona
    Hazel Evelyn
    Hazel Estelle
    Hazel Johanna

Those are some examples where I think they fit the cute, sweet, soft but classic vibe you're going for....but without being a "typical" middle name.

I think Hazel Elisabeth is beautiful!

Hazel Elisabeth is such a lovely name. I like that you've used the Elisabeth spelling over Elizabeth.

Hazel Emmeline
    Hazel Juliette
    Hazel Cosette
    Hazel Clementine
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle