Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name for a village

Currently planning out my new novella and struggling with a name for the village in it.

The village is a rural country village, reminiscent of old England. Lot of flower and trees, very nature filled, surrounded by meadows and hayfields. Has one high-street full of rustic boutiques and the houses are scattered around down various country lanes. The characters that live there are laidback, mostly famers, river-fishers etc. There is a rose-covered manor housing the Lady and her family. At the centre of the village there is a large oak tree in the middle of the village square. This tree is the symbol of the village.

I'm currently using Sunleaf as my interim name but don't feel this captures the heart of the village as well as I would like. Any suggestions would be welcome
    Name lover

Lilith Vesper - Francesca Lark - Viola Kathryn - Azalea Coralie
    Zachary James - Alexander Michael/Charlie - Tristan George

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

Rosewood came to mind. I'm quite dreadful at this, so I'm stumped as well...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Oakley Creek?

Shipston, Biddington, Broadwell, Honeychurch, Bosworth, Upper Averbury, Kingsworth, Bramley, Market Bawden, Thatchley, Middleton, Abbot St Mary's, Medlock, Haddingham, Thripton, Great Teddington, Little Winslow, Brampton, Radstock...

Some of these may actually be real places that have wormed their way into my subconcious :/ Alternatively you could go on Google Maps, zoom in on Somerset/Glos/Cambs/Notts/Hants/Oxon/Warks/anywhere rural and have a look at the names of hamlets and villages
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; June 3rd, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

Oakleaf, Oak_____ (Oak something, whatever ending you like) I really don't have any brilliant ideas for this, sorry!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski