Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Does "Maisie" work as a nickname for Madeleine?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 60.32%
  • No

25 39.68%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question First name / Nickname question

I posted this on another message board but wanted to get more opinions.

I love the name Maisie but would like a full name for it. Another one of my favorite names is Madeleine. I think the NN Maddie is okay, but I'm not wild about it. So I started thinking about using Maisie as a NN for Madeleine.

So my questions are:

1. Does Madeleine "Maisie" work?

2. How do you pronounce Madeleine (with the ending of -lynn, -line, -len, or something else)?

3. What would you think if you met a Madeleine "Maisie"?

4. Lastly, what do you think of the names Madeleine (or Madeline) and Maisie (or Maisy) in general?

Any and all comments are appreciated.
    Thanks!

I'm more and more convinced that a nn is a nn. Anything goes really. If you call her Maisie from the beginning, no one will bat an eyelash.

Madeleine is the only spelling of Madeleine I really like although Madeline is ok too. I say Mad-eh-line

I love the name, but there are so many spelling variations now that it's really turned me off to ever using it.
    Mi corazón Zoe Milena
    Little Nugget due December 2016

I think it works, but if you wanted it to make more sense you could always use a middle starting with s, so it would be like a smoosh nn. Like Madeleine Susan nn Maisie or something. But it could work either way.

I pronounce Madeleine with the line at the end.

I would be pleased to meet a Madeleine with the unique nn Maisie. there are enough maddies.

I love love love Madeleine, but not Madeline bc it could end with lyn to some ppl. Maisie I find adorable but like you I see it as more of a nn so I prob wouldn't use it as a full name.
    ~*~**~*Larissa~*~**~*

The (Inconsistent) Blog: The Great Puzzle

Amaryllis Josephine Dove (Lilly) * Holiday Elizabeth Kate (Holly)

Phineas Orlando Jack (Finn) * Caspian Apollo Gray (Cash)

I like both Maisie and Madeleine. With the way you are spelling Madeleine I pronounce it Mad-eh-len. I am planning on using Maisie as a nickname for Mae, but I like Maisie on its own too!

1. Does Madeleine "Maisie" work?
    Yes, especially Madeleine paired with a middle name starting on S - Madeleine Saiorse, Madeleine Sarah, Madeleine Seraphine.

2. How do you pronounce Madeleine (with the ending of -lynn, -line, -len, or something else)?
    Ending with -len.

3. What would you think if you met a Madeleine "Maisie"? Cute!

4. Lastly, what do you think of the names Madeleine (or Madeline) and Maisie (or Maisy) in general?
    I like Maisie more than Madeleine, but that's just a personal preference. A good name!

Crushing on
    ♥ Elysia ♥ Amadea ♥ Fidelia ♥ Elvira ♥ Verity ♥ Amalia ♥
    ♥ Peregrine ♥ Orion ♥ Aeneas ♥ Inigo ♥ Alastair ♥ Leopold ♥

among others

~ Always dreaming... ~