Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by milasmama View Post
    I think in general the prices for kids are overblown.
    The most expensive part of having a young child is a) either having one parent take time out of the workplace or b) having a child in childcare.

This exactly. Another major cost (in the states) is healthcare for the baby and mother if she stays home. That said, it is really nice having the money to buy the non-essentials that will certainly make life easier with a newborn/child.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

Please seriously consider a house before babies, you will never regret waiting for a baby.
    I have been married for over 44years and in the first year we married I wanted a baby, however, we built our first house and later had the cbildren.

I recommend a few years as a married couple first it really is a lovely time of your life and necessary because once children arrive eveythong is about them.

If you have a baby early on you will manage but it is wonderful to own your own homefirst.

I lived in a one bedroom apt for most of my daughter's first year of life and it was fine. Also, owning isn't everything. Only buy if you can afford to in the area that you want to be in for awhile & want your kid to attend schools in. I'm glad we stayed in the city awhile longer as renters and had that time with my daughter. We'll never afford the kind of space we want as parents there, but it was great to have that time a bit longer.

Also, those years of marriage without kids is great, but most of my friends have lived together for years before getting married!

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Also, those years of marriage without kids is great, but most of my friends have lived together for years before getting married!
    Yeah we've been living together for 3 years, I doubt much will change from being legally married.
    Current faves:

Melanie Anne, Caroline Olivia, William Gregory, Benjamin Patrick

We lived together for 3 years too! I do think that something in my mindset changed. I felt more like we are a team, more protective, aside from that nothing much changed. We were already in the mindset of 'our' instead of 'mine' when it came to most decisions.