Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

How expensive are children, really?

So, I just finished college and I am getting married in October. I really don't want to wait too long to start having children, but I am worried that we wont have enough money as soon as I would like. Ideally we would also get a house first, but I don't think it's a necessity, so really the main factor in deciding when we can have children is money. Right now we live in a 1 bedroom apartment and my fiance just got a new job that is paying him a lot more than his previous job, but I still worry that it's not going to be enough and we will have to wait several more years until he gets promoted or something. However, a lot of what I have been reading on here is leading me to believe children, or at least one child, may not be as expensive as I think they are. I know hospital bills are pricey so some money in savings would help, but how much do people spend on average for the day-to-day costs of having a child? Our plan is to buy used as much as possible so I'm sure that will help too.
    Current faves:

Melanie Anne, Caroline Olivia, William Gregory, Benjamin Patrick