Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    I won't be getting married anytime soon but I won't be giving up my surname.

I'd be happy to double barrel with the man I marry, should the names work together, but I won't be giving up my surname.

My surname is very much part of American life; the surname of a former President and the name of a major U.S. city, and having said that you've probably guessed what it is now. I love my surname because of it's connection to my country and I don't want to lose that.

Chad - my boyfriend - has already said that if we go the distance, he'd actually take my name, because he thinks it's better than his!
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I come from a rather religiously and politically conservative community in the Southern US, and it was assumed I'd take my husband's last name.
    We toyed around with hyphenating/double-barreling both of our names, both adopting the new name, and giving it to the kids, but we decided against it because:

1) double the paperwork
    2) inconvenience on forms
    3) kids would have to eventually choose a name when they married/had kids or have a triple/quadruple barreled name
    4) didn't want to have to explain our decision to EVERYONE we know

Instead, I took my maiden name as my middle name. I'm just out of college, so I haven't built a professional identity yet, but I still plan to publish under my full name to honor my maiden name. We're considering naming our first boy "Locke," which is my maiden name.

Laura & Derek

Margot - Eleanor (Lena) - Leonie - Rosalie - Camille/a - Margery - Isla - Lila
    Clark - Gabriel - Simon - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd - Arthur

Guilty Pleasures:
    Vesper - Zephyr - Andromeda - Bellatrix - Lúthien