Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I changed mine, I loved my last name, My dad and family own a lot of places in town and everyone knew who knew my name knew my family and who I was. But your starting a new life with someone and you will start a family. Just think of the little things in the future, your Christmas cards it won't just say from "The B's"
    ~Simply blessed~

I will be taking my partners name when we marry - our children already have it, but that's not my main reason.

It may sound silly, but my last name is so long, complex and impossible to pronounce in English that I can't wait to have a normal "that what everyones called" last name.

I won't hyphenate for that reason either. My maiden name really IS stupidly long so going from an 18 letter last name (yes, EIGHTEEN) to a 6 letter one that people can pronounce AND spell will be heaven!

I am getting married this October and I have decided to take his name for my surname and move my maiden name to the middle name spot. I have a strong attachment to my maiden name because it is part of my identity and links me to my birth family, but I also want the connection to my husband and his family and I want my future family to have the same name between me, my husband, and my children.
    Current faves:

Melanie Anne, Caroline Olivia, William Gregory, Benjamin Patrick

I changed mine. I would have kept it if it was something interesting, but my maiden name was White - blah! "White" in my case is also an Anglicisation of a longer Maori name, so it doesn't even feel like a real name to me. I traded it for something better My friend whose surname is Joy told me she'd never ever change her name. Yeah, well neither would I if I had something that lovely lol.
    I completely understand why people keep their name though. From a feminist perspective changing your name to your husband's is a little bit unsettling. Then again, as another poster mentioned, most people get their maiden names from their fathers... Can't really win.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas, Callahan, Caius, Ezra, Bram, Atticus, Aspen, Sylvan, Constantine, Perrin & Pascoe
    Lyra, Elodie, Elowen, Isis, Artemis, Sylvia, Vesper, Anouk, Willa, Cassia, Elka & Sage

No. From a pratical pov, I already have 3 last names — it would be tiresome to add yet another one. On the other hand, I don't like the sexist/conservative undertones this practise has in my country (it's basically a fake tradition here, "imported" in mid-20th century by the fascist government and later popularised by american influences).
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.