Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Twin for Kimberly

I'm looking for a twin sister name for Kimberly. Older brother is Thomas (goes by Tom most of the time) and younger brother is Patrick. The twin sister was taken at birth due to restrictions on the number of children each family is allowed, and Kimberly only learns of her twin's existence at the age of 16.

Was thinking of something like Samantha, similar in length and popularity and with a short nickname potential, but I think there could be a better fit than that.

The twin is going to go by a different name to her birth name (again, an undecided name but probably something short and plain - any suggestions?) but Kimberly is going to refer to her by her birth name for quite a portion of the novel.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Cassandra - Cass, Cassy
    Savannah - Anna, Sav, Savy
    Alexandra - Alex
    Abigail - Abi/Abby (I like this best with Kimberly, but it's not really anything like Samantha!)
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Irene; Name lover in her twenties; single; Languages student by day, writer by night.

Current favorites, not in order:
    Emily - Evelyn - Hadley - Alice - Emma - Olivia - Zoey - Greta - Eden - Jezebel - Zelda - Anna - Charlotte
    Ethan - Adam - William - Peter - Harvey - Galen - Kenneth - Kieran - Theo - Zander - Daniel - Ezra - Gabriel - Blake

The National's Names List

Peculiar Italian Names for Girls

I like the suggestion of Abigail a lot actually, and Charlotte, Christina and Rebecca as well. I don't think the parents would do matchy K names, but a C and a K name is quite matchy without being overly matchy, if that makes sense.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Personally, I wouldn't see a classic, traditional Biblical name like Abigail or or the vintage Charlotte with Kimberly. When I think of this name, I would pair it with the following:

Kimberly and Allison
    Kimberly and April
    Kimberly and Candace
    Kimberly and Christine
    Kimberly and Danielle
    Kimberly and Erica
    Kimberly and Megan
    Kimberly and Shannon
    Kimberly and Nicole
    Kimberly and Erin
    Kimberly and Bridget
    Kimberly and Jacqueline
    Kimberly and Jillian
    Kimberly and Alexis
    Kimberly and Jessica
    Kimberly and Brianna
    Kimberly and Alyssa
    Kimberly and Amanda
    Kimberly and Lauren
    Kimberly and Sarah
    Kimberly and Angela
    Kimberly and Belinda
    Kimberly and Deanna
    Last edited by mischa; June 2nd, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.