Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Two names needed

[strike]I'm not quite done with my other story yet but this will be the next one in the pipeline. Two key characters need names.

#1 - Daughter of Thirza, a single mother who gave birth at 16. Girl is a quiet, reserved but intelligent child of around six or seven. She likes drawing and painting. I want something that is pretty teenage parentish, but no butchered spellings.

#2 - Thirza's younger sister, who's about 14. Other sibling is Simon, 17. Sister is quite into sports, plays on her school football (soccer) team, bit of a tomboy but also an aspiring chef who likes to spend time in the kitchen.

I also need a surname for the family. Parents are unnamed but aren't as essential to the plot as Thirza, Simon and these two unnamed characters so I can see if something crops up for them as I write, unless anyone has any good ideas. [/strike]

Update: See post at bottom of page 1.
    Last edited by essjay; June 18th, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Is this story set in a particular time period, region, or world?

Oh, sorry, it's contemporary in the UK. I usually assume contemporary in the poster's own country unless explicitly stated on these threads, which was why I didn't mention it.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

#1- Zandra, Lilibeth, Elizabella, Sybil, Jezebel, Tess, Celestia, Topaz (Paz) (These are unusual names that I thought might appeal to a younger mother due to their uniqueness, and she'd then use them as a name.)

#2- Bryn, Rae, Kate, Zoe, Jade (I stuck with shorter, stronger, more tomboy-esque names for this one)

I don't have many great surnames, it really depends on what you're looking for. Unusual? Common? I don't know.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

#1 Maisie, Daisy, Keira, Jasmine, Paige

#2 - well Thirza is very unique on top of being Biblical and since Simon is also Biblical I'd stick with that theme.
    Darah
    Esther (goes by Tess)
    Kezia (goes by Kezy)
    Ruth (goes by Rue)
    Zarah
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas