Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Definitely ask about Fiona-it's adorable! Not sure how Irish you want to go: since Maura and Patrick are both very pronounceable in English I tried not to list any names that would be hard for most people to pronounce.

Maura, Shannon & Patrick
    Maura Erin, & Patrick
    Maura, Eileen & Patrick
    Maura, Tressa & Patrick
    Maura, Rosaleen & Patrick
    Maura, Aislinn & Patrick
    Maura, Shaina, & Patrick
    Maura, Ceara, & Patrick
    Maura, Mairenn, & Patrick
    Maura, Nessa, & Patrick
    Maura, Riona, & Patrick
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

Thank you! I think that's something I needed to communicate and didn't do a good job of.
    Yes, Maura and Patrick both have Irish flavor, but it's more than just that that makes them sound so good together to me. Neither name is popular, but they're familiar. They're not too modern or trendy. The spellings are Anglicized, but don't look made-up. It's important to me that the names can be spelled and pronounced in English, but I seriously cringe when I see Siobhan spelled Chevonne or Aisling spelled Ashlynn. I don't even like those names, but it just seems wrong.
    I really like some of your suggestions, especially Fallon, Kathleen, Clare, and Lucy. I don't know if DH will go for Fallon, since it's actually a last name (he's sensitive about that - our last name is a very popular name for little girls now). I knew a girl growing up with that name, though, so it has always seemed like a girl's name to me. Didn't like her that much, but I always thought the name was pretty. Kathleen is another of my cousins, plus I'm Kathryn and SIL is Kaitlin. That might be too many girls in one family with essentially the same name. Clare is a possibility. I think it could grow on me. We're both crazy about Lucy, but we used it for Maura's middle name.
    I wonder if I could talk DH into Elsa next time around. I like it better than Eliza and it was my great-great-grandma's name. Do you think it it would fit the sibset even though it's not very Irish? What about Hannah or Fern? Those were my other favorites in high school, along with Maura.

I love Elsa. I think Maura, Patrick, and Elsa is a very sweet, charming combination.
    One of the things I like about the names you've chosen is how flexible they are--I can easily imagine a witty librarian Elsa, or a fierce adventurer Elsa, or a quiet, motherly Elsa. I can imagine an Elsa in any career, on the cover of any book, at any age.

I'd say the same of Maura and Patrick certainly, as well as Clare, Brigid, Eliza, and Margaret. A few others too, but those are ones that stand out to me.

Brigid - Thank you for sharing that insight! I think I was typing while you were posting, so I didn't see that before my last post. I'm 5'0" too, as are my mother and sister and niece and DH's mother and sister. Obviously my girls will be tiny! I know they'll probably be teased about being short, but being short has never bothered me or made me feel insecure. I was just worried that being named Brigid and getting called Bridget the Midget all the time would cause body image problems when there are already so many things in our culture that make young girls hate their bodies. I never considered the name Brigid until DH suggested it, but he really is fond of it, so maybe I should give it another chance. I agree with you about the history and namesake behind the name Brigid, and I do like it in combination with the other names.

Do you think Adeline is too dissimilar to work with this sibset? We have an Adelaide in my family and an Ada in DH's that we could honor. Plus it's similar to Madeline which I have always liked (probably because of the books), but wouldn't use because I detest the nickname Maddie. Also, I don't think we want 2 M names anyway.

Alternately, do you think Adele could be used to honor both of DH's grandmothers Ada + Helen? Or is that too cheesy? Maura's middle name is Lucille in honor of my grandmother (I only have 1; my mom is estranged from her mother). If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Helen, but I'd feel bad leaving Ada out.

Maura Lucille and Adeline Helen? or Maura Lucille and Brigid Adele? I still adore the name Elsa, but I don't think Helen, Ada, or Adele work very well as a middle with it. Maybe Elsa Kathleen, putting the Irish name in the middle? Then it's like my sister Elizabeth + DH's sister Kaitlin.