Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Riddick also ends in -dick. And it's not too difficult to also see "ride d*ck"... Just sayin'...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Yeah, I think there are way too many associations for me to be comfortable with Riddick as a name.

The character of Riddick has been around a LOOOONG time - that's a sequel (or a prequel) coming out in September. The Chronicles of Riddick was out previously, along with Pitch Black I think. They were pretty good movies, even tho that's really not my style, so maybe watching them would make you feel more positive about it? Unless you just outright dislike Vin Diesel.

But I have to agree with pp's anyway, when I hear it outside of those movies, I think ridiculous. And I would avoid having *dick* is any boy's name (even if it is technically an old-fashioned nn for Richard!). Opening up too many teasing opportunities. Brecken is nms either but I think it's the much better choice between the two! Good luck!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

As well as being a character in several blockbuster movies, there are also a few blockbuster video games (a series that may be continuing in future years if it remains as popular as it is) with Riddick as the main character. Same character as the movies.
    And yeah, as others have mentioned, even without the movie/video game series association, the 'dick' ending and the "ridic"ulous thing make this one feel like quite an unusable name to me.
    Breckin is cool though.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I heard 'ridiculous' when I hear Riddick.
    Yes! do people near you say ridic as short for ridiculous?

Breckin is better but isn't it spelled Breccan? That looks more like a name to me than Breckin which is too close to break-in for me.
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo