Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joseph!

Joseph!

Just a new (and old!) crush. Quite possibly inspired by the fact that I just watched Premium Rush with my little sister and I may or may not have a minor crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

I had been crushing on it before we ever saw the movie, though, so I think that just cemented it. Thoughts on Joseph? I do love the nn Joe, and I don't mind Joey, but are their more--unexpected, I guess, is the word?--nns for it? I'm not terribly fond of Joss, and while Seph intrigues me, I'm not sure how usable it is? I'm quite happy with just Joseph and Joe, but I figured I'd see if there was something else I was missing.

Also, combo ideas? So far I've tossed around Joseph Lev (maybe Joseph Lev Booker or Joseph Lev Alexander), Joseph Cyprian (love the sort of underhanded reference to Barnabas, the apostle), Joseph Leo, and Joseph ["L"-something] Brave. The LB middle initials would be for my grandfather, whose full name was L. B.

Does Joseph fit with the names in my signature?

Thanks, ladies!

I think Joseph fits right in with your names. It's biblical like Caleb, Asher, Samuel, and Boaz. The nn Joe gives it a crispness like Everett and Jack. I see Joseph as a brother to Olivia, Rachel, Charlotte, or Hannah ( any of them really, but I like Joseph with these best).

I like the Joseph Lev Alexander combo

You have such lovely names, Ashley! I hope you have enough children to use them all!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Haha, I don't think I'll have 25+ kids, lol, but thanks, anyway! I wish I could name 25+ kids, though.

I love Joseph, although I'd probably never use it... it might just be the most common boys' name in my community. I probably know more than 100 guys named Joseph (although I get the feeling that this is in no way representative of the general American public). I've known Joes, Joeys, Jo Jos, Ephys (I do think this one is quite cute), Joseys, a Jep, Joses, Jays, J.(insert initial). s, and one guy who went by Josephus.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Really? That surprises me, because the youngest Joseph I've known/met is at least in middle school, probably even high school by now! But on the other hand, I looked it up, and Joseph ranks number 11 in my state (where are all these Josephs?!), which is 9 points higher than the national average. Hmm. I'm not sure it bothers me--Olivia ranks in the top 5, and I'd still use that in a heartbeat. Besides, Joseph's so classic, it's not like if I used it his name would be dated to 2013 (or, more likely 2018 or 2020).

Any other combo ideas? I really like the idea of Joseph Lev or Joseph ____ Brave--ideally I'd like to keep one or both of them, although I'm not sure Joseph Lev Brave really works...