Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ines is beautiful my middle name is spelled Inez. I love it my Aunt told my mom my first name should have been Inez
    Married my bestfriend 5/11
    Angel Baby Riley Bean 8/13
    Mama to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Solomon Jace
    Friedan Henri
    Sullivan Wilde
    Francis Hart
    Phelan Wallace
    Caedmon Wolfe
    Emerich Frost
    Willem Rupert Charles
    Nashua Hartley

Agatha Helena Pearl
    Cordelia Henrietta Lucille
    Hadassah Francine
    Livia Pearl
    Enid Sylvia Inez/ Gertrude
    Florence Adele
    Agnes Linnea Frances
    Avia Liora Ruth
    Imogen Allegra Edith
    Junia Edith
    Cleora Josephine Helen

Hi! You can see from my signature that we have a baby girl (3 months) named Inés, so obviously I love it.

Dindlee is correct that in the US they will ignore any accent marks you put on official documents. Informally, I generally try to spell Inés with the accent because we are using the Spanish pronunciation. I am American, and it never occurred to me that I would be disrespecting my family or culture by spelling it in Spanish the proper way. (My husband is South American). I was also a Spanish teacher, so it would bug me to not use the accent mark as much as possible.

For middles, I don't love Inés Anneliese because they both end in the same sound, but it's not a bad combination. And Anneliese is pretty and you have the familial connections with the name, so I think you should keep it on your list as a possibility. Someone above suggested the middle name we chose - Magdalena. Other middles we seriously considered were:

Inés Pilar
    Inés Belén
    Inés Liliana
    Inés Eloísa
    Inés Paloma
    Inés Beatriz (but we nixed that because of the /s/ ending on both)

I also like:
    Inés Marisol
    Inés Margarita (this would work in German, right?)
    Inés Louisa (this would work in German, right?)

ETA: Do you definitely want something that will work in German or are you more open than that? I just read your other thread and see there you were asking for German middles.
    Last edited by aguafresca; June 6th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Lucía, Sebastián, & Inés
    Next: Eloísa Pilar or Félix Ignacio

Aguafresca, at first I was only looking for German names but since Ines honors both my Portuguese and his German roots I'm open to other possibilities. However I'd like it to be 3 syllables because I do like the 2-3-2 flow and also I'd like the name to be easily translated into both languages if possible. Hubby likes Alexandra which isn't too bad, plus it's easily translated into Portuguese [AL-SHUN-DRA]. What are some other 3 syllable options you think might work?

BTW Aguafresca we have very similar taste in names. Our top choice if it's a boy is Sebastian and I adore Noemi. Hubby isn't on board though lol.

I'm Portuguese too, and Inês/Ines is lovely I'd say not to use Inés, because, well, that's nor Portuguese nor "American"... but the "^" might be hard to use in the US, perhaps...
    I think Inês Anneliese flows well with the Portuguese pronounce!
    Inês Alexandra would seem completely Portuguese to us.