Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Carrigan "Carrie" work with big sis Ada?

3 weeks until I am due and still havent settled on a name.

Hubs and I chatted about name Carrie today and I mentioned Carrigan as a longer form with a little more oomph.

What do people think of Carrigan "Carrie" to go with older sister Ada Elizabeth H?

If you like Carrigan any suggestions on a middle name that works? Would be nice if we could use some form of my husband's middle - Alexander.

If you dont like Carrigan what would you name Adas sister?

Thanks in advance!!

Not a huge fan of Carrigan, but the Carrie nickname is nice.
    Bryn came to mind as a sister name for Ada, with a similar feel to Carrigan.
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

I really love Carrie with Ada. Both are old-fashioned, sweet, and friendly, and they sound like sisters. Carrigan isn't my style, but with surnames in fashion I don't think people would find it off the wall at all. It makes me think of cardigans and Nancy Kerrigan but that's probably just me!

Ada and Caroline (NN Carrie) is a perfect set to me, but if you find Caroline too popular there is:
    Carys - I like how this is short like Ada and has the not-frilly sound of Carrigan
    Carolina
    Caralea / Carolee
    Carlotta
    Carina or Carenna
    Girls:
    Nickname-able: Susanna, Johanna, Paloma, Lucille, Harriet, Beatrix, Rosemary, Juniper, Marigold, Annabeth, Gwendolen, Kathleen, Tabitha
    Short and to-the-point: Flora, Jane, Laura, Anne, Cecile, Susan, Kaia

Boys:
    So much easier: Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy, Frederick

I think Carrigan is way too trendy sounding to go with sister Ada's name!

Carrie is adorable nickname for Carolina, Caroline, Carina, etc. Carrie itself makes very nice name. Honestly i never understood the american fashion of making surnames into first names, and Carrigan for a girl seems almost inappropriate - way too harsh.
    Last edited by sistergoldenhair; May 27th, 2014 at 07:53 AM.