Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thought I was done naming my twins..

We were all set naming my twin girls, or so I thought. Now I am struggling.
    I have 4 year old Charlotte, 2 year old Arlo.
    We were set on Evie (possibly just Eve) which was my choice and Emmeline (nn Emme), which my DH picked. But when I tell people, no quite gets it. Emmeline is just confusing to everyone. Then I feel like I have to justify it with a whole history run down. I think I just want something more simplistic. And he likes fancier names (ie, Penelope, Amelie, etc).
    On top of it, our last name is super long and complicated and East Indian. It has a hyphen and starts with Pai. But he doesn't want to do Indian names. Which I wouldn't mind bc they go nicer with that crazy last name.
    Any thoughts? Or should I just keep Emmeline and Evie? I'm due in the next couple weeks...

What about just naming her Emme? Eve and Emme.
    Or using Amelie and still using nickname Emme?

I love the name Emmeline! Not sure why you're getting weird responses to it. I think it goes very well with your older daughter Charlotte and it has obvious similarities with the twin name Evie.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    I love the name Emmeline! Not sure why you're getting weird responses to it. I think it goes very well with your older daughter Charlotte and it has obvious similarities with the twin name Evie.
    This is what I thought!
    The hubby won't just name her Emme, either. I think that would be cute and sweet. But he doesn't love "nicknames" as first names, I'm really fighting for Evie, but she might end up Eve or Eva. He is so difficult.

Evie and Emme would be my choice.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.